01/11/2016

Bye bye October!

So, bye for now, October, it's ok to let you go
but you should know that this year - oh, I have enjoyed you so!

red and orange, gold and yellow
makes the hikes outside go mellow
it's like floating in a fairyland
a dreamy walk, hand in hand


October,
with sun and wind and rain
a month of autumn joy - and pain
and the golden beauty brings out a tear
- I do think of her who is no longer here


October is to hike to a foggy mountain top
to cover cold ears and to jump up and down non stop-
- the cold is coming, you feel it all over
but the sun is still warm and you don't want to cover-

your whole body with wool, no, no, no, it's too soon,
I need to feel warm while I glance at the moon
in the dark autumn night, while the stars shine above
then I go inside with the one that I love

October is candles and warm blankets too
a tight hug, a soft look -
- and just me and you


So, bye bye October, it's ok to let you go
with your soft autumn winds - oh, I loved you so

I enjoyed my hot coffee by the edge of the sea:

I sat under the gold - the most perfect place to be:

So, my October, what a joy that we met 
I say thank you for all the moments, it is time now to let-
you take off, but please know that I'm grateful and smile 
when I think of all good memories that you do leave behind

This moment is all we have.

23 comments:

  1. Nice poem. I love October too for the fall colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A poetic gratitude post. Nicely done, Eli. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see you back in your space Eli. Lovely pictures and the poetry is very apt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the colors!!! Awesome. And it's a brilliant gratitude post. May you have many such amazing days!
    30 recipes for NaBloPoMo at Something's Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You had a glorious October and a great time too! Lovely expression and beautiful pics to compliment it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Eli! The colours, the warmth, the gratitude and love...what a beautiful poem. This is so your element, isn't it? Stay happy and stay blessed. Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my dear friend- thank you so much for you sweet words. Lots of love back

      Delete
  7. Dearest Eli,
    Loved this poetic way of biding adieu to October... You indeed have that orange and golden. We only can dream of that here in the southeast. But if we drive a bit to the north, we too can enjoy it!
    Sending you hugs and blessings for November,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Mariette, always so happy to see you here. Sending love and hugs back to you:-)

      Delete
  8. Lovely pictures and a beautiful poetic feel to being grateful for a lovely October. Wishing you an awesome November.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Parul - warm wishes back to you:-)

      Delete
  9. Eli, its a simple & Beautiful poem. Like you said, I like this time of the year coz its perfect, not too hot nor too unbearably cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True:-) Thank you for your kind words:-)

      Delete
  10. I loved Oct this year, for I took a 9-day trip chasing fall colors, and drove up a couple of foggy mountains too!

    Bye bye Oct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds great:-) Yes, October was awesome:-)

      Delete
  11. So beautiful, Eli. We don't really have the vivid fall colors here in India but for us we had Diwali which made October very special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Rachna... Oh, Diwali is such a wonderful celebration, special for sure:-)

      Delete
  12. Such a vibrant and beautiful depiction of October in all its forms. You make it come alive painting with colors of life in a perfect world, Eli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vishal:-) Happy to see you here:-)

      Delete

I love comments. Thank you for taking your time to leave one.